Operating for over 30 years, Molare Meats took over management in September 2020. Our abattoir has a capacity of 1800 units per day. As a result, Molare is one of the biggest pig throughput abattoirs in South Africa.
Food safety accreditations
The Abattoir runs on the highest level of Government Regulations and Standards. Our FSSC 22000 Certification ensures that the abattoir complies with international food safety and food quality regulations.
Ensuring integrity in the entire supply chain
- Strict biosecurity protocols are implemented in order to secure the safety of the animals and our farmers.
- Providing full traceability from the farm level up to the highest level of the value chain.
- Using the best modern equipment to move the carcasses to chillers in order to ensure the cold chain is maintained, resulting in an optimal shelf life.
We do not compromise on Animal Welfare
European Standard Equipment
We use state of the art equipment based on European standards and animal welfare practices. Under these circumstances, a stress-free environment is maintained throughout the slaughter process.
Animal Handling Procedures
A continuous emphasis is made on training our staff. The abattoir teams are trained on a regular basis on animal handling and animal welfare practises.
The Molare Meats supplier approval program only approves pigs for slaughter that comply with the following.
- Registered at farm level as Veterinary approved, bio-secured compartments.
- Accredited Pork 360 farms.
ZA60 Export Approved
Currently exporting to the following African countries.
Molare is a leading meat supplier in South Africa that offers turn-key solutions to buyers both locally and internationally. Owing to our unique ecosystem, pork buyers can now connect directly to the source.
- 5Turn-key Solutions
- 5Primal Buyers
- 5Carcass Buyers
- 5Our Product Catalogue
22 Main Rd, Clayville Industrial, Olifantsfontein, 1666